Wednesday, August 7, 2013

NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul Review

I've heard so many people talking about NYX lip products recently, from beauty bloggers to a few girl friends. I was at Ulta the other day so I figured I would pick up a few and give them a try :)

Below are the ones I got:

(From left to right: NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in IstanbulNYX Butter Gloss Crème BruleeNYX Jumbo Lip Pencil Chestnut)

I think they are all good quality products for the price you pay. But the most unique and my favorite among them is the Soft Matte Lip Cream in Istanbul. 




It's funny that the reason I picked up this color was because I liked the name. Istanbul. I've always wanted to visit Istanbul. It seems like such an exotic place. Among all the pink-ish color on the shelf, I figured I would just go with the name I like ;)

I love the texture and finish of this lip cream. The product name says it all: Soft. Matte. Cream. It has a velvety finish which gives somewhat of a moisturizing feel to the lips but don't expect it to be lip balm type of moisture. It's also quite pigmented. One layer, you will be ready to go. It's long lasting but the only cons I have for this product is that it dries unevenly sometimes. Overall, it's a good product! I have also tried adding the NYX Butter Gloss Crème Brulee on top of it which changes the finish to a glossy and more summery look :)

x

Mimi

No comments:

Post a Comment