Tuesday, February 4, 2014

MAC A Fantasy of Flowers - Lipstick and Blush - Swatches and Review

A Fantasy of Flowers -  What a perfect name for the spring collection! It simply makes me want the weather to get warmer and go outside to smell the flowers.

I received the email of the release of this collection and I figured I would take a sneak peek at work. Obviously it ended up being me purchasing a couple things afterwards. 

There were several repromoted products which I have a few so I wasn't so thrilled about those. (MAC seems to be doing it quite often lately) I got a lipstick - Snapdragon and a blush - Azalea in the Afternoon. The Snapdragon seems to be the unique color in this collection and I fall in love with the name of the blush when I came across it...


MAC Snapdragon Lipstick: It was described as a mid tone blue pink - Correct. But note it is a lustre finish with a bit of a shimmer to it. I usually hate (okay, that's a strong word, dislike then) lipsticks with shimmer in it. But this one I liked, it was subtle. The lustre finish tends to be very light but this one you can actually build it up! It's quite perfect for the winter/spring months! Also, it's quite long lasting - 5 hours, surprisingly and it fades very nicely!

MAC Snapdragon
(SnapDragon on my lips <3)
MAC Azalea in the Afternoon Mineralize Blush: Ah.. How should I start with this blush! It's quite a long story... I ordered the blush based on the name (you might not think that's a good idea?) and the description of the color. I was very excited about the arrival of the package until I saw Temptalia's review of it. She described it as a very light frosty pink and gave it a B (or maybe a B-). I almost wanted to just have MAC retrieve the shipment. Nevertheless, the package arrived and I immediately opened it and swatched the blush, oh man, I was so glad that I ordered it!! The pigmentation is great and the color is gorgeous! It does have a tiny bit of gold shimmer to it but not as much as the Petal Power. It's a cool pink toned blush that's so flattering on cheeks. It is powdery which is similar to the other mineralize blushes. 

MAC Azalea in the Afternoon

MAC Azalea in the Afternoon Mineralize Blush swatch
(MAC Azalea in the Afternoon Mineralize Blush swatch on my hand - weird angle, hmm)

I will probably go to a MAC store/counter to check out more products in this collection. For now, I'm happy with the products. I like the subtle shimmer and color payoff of these two. Oh and I made a little heart with these two products (Snapdragon filled with Azalea in the Afternoon) <3

MAC A Fantasy of Flowers

x

Mimi

1 comment:

  1. I love Mac blushes, they apply and blend so nicely! Thanks for sharing!
    Dolce Kisses ♥

    www.dolcepetite.com

    ReplyDelete